Here's 5 reasons why we absolutely loved this exhibition:
1. Many of the first issues of the comics were on show Wow - those books are worth so much, we didn't expect to find them displayed at this event. Being able to view them up close blew my mind!
2. Actual costumes of the characters to marvel at It was wonderful being able to look at the super detailed costumes of our favourite characters from the movies we love such as Doctor Strange and Iron Man.
The life-size suits of Iron Man that were used in the movies! What a sight.
The actual costumes from the Marvel Movie Doctor Strange on display at QAGOMA
3. Actual parts from amazing sets from the movies!
This was the absolute highlight for me personally, we were absolutely stunned when we walked into the next room of the exhibition and entering a life-size part of the Asgard Throne Room from the movie Thor: Ragnarok 2017.
The life-size, magestic Asgard throne room movie set from the movie Thor: Ragnarok 2017.
4. The detailed props that were held by the heroes in the movies
We were able to gawk at some of the most amazing props used in the movies and the detail was incredible!
Closeup of Captain America's Shield showing the details. Never thought I'd have the chance to see it like this!
5. An example of what the drawing boards of the artists that come up with these amazing scenes look like This behind-the-scenes look was just amazing to see - it's not every day that you get to witness so much of the magic behind these legendary movies! There were lots of awesome concept sketches to look at as well as further insights into the different stages the creative ideas go through before it gets to the big screen.
An accurate example of what the drawing boards of the artists that come up with these amazing scenes look like!
And so much more... I don't want to give away too many of the other wonderful surprises that visitors of the exhibition can look forward to - I'll just finish this blog off by saying - it's absolutely worth going for a few hours, it's truly a world-class exhibition of something so special to so many people!
Highlights: ♥ QAGOMA offers something for everyone - there's such a wide variety of wonderful exhibitions to look out for. Keep up to date by subscribing to their newsletter (at the bottom of the home pageof their website or checking out the What's On page regularly.) ♥ Perfect for a day out or a date with your loved one. ♥ World-class exhibitions! Yep, this one for example wasn't just a flea market stall selling merchandise... :P It's wonderful that we didn't have to fly all the way to the United States of America to see all of these amazing Marvel Studio things! ♥ So affordable - it only cost us AUD $25 per ticket - so much less than a flight to the United States of America! Although, that could be your next reason for another romantic escape...
And so much more!
Brilliant Spider-Man drawing against the wall.
Budget: $ ($ = budget $$ = Medium $$$ = Luxury)
Address: Stanley Place, Cultural Precinct South Bank, Brisbane Queensland 4101, Australia. Phone: +61 (0)7 3840 7303
Please note: We are not affiliated with QAGOMA in any way, we are only listing it as our genuine recommendation for a couple visiting the area and looking for something super fun to do!